Friday, June 17, 2005

Well, I've averted disaster so far. Both boys are in underwear, we've had no accidents and it's almost noon here. Dylan opted for underwear over pullups. It's weird Ethan will pee in the potty but won't poop there and Dylan is just the opposite. I guess that's where the egg split.

Ok, enough about potty training. It's safe now, you can read on...

It's been a quiet day, actually. We've had no doctor or therapy appts., no one is coming to the house to observe us or tell us what to do. We're still in our pj's and the house is a mess. I love it!! That is until I'm racing to the bathroom with Dylan so he won't pee all over everything and I trip on a --oops, right, no more potty talk.
So, here's some other news. I'm working on a trip back to Rockford in August. Before I left, I promised my mom (Hi Mom!) that I would come back for her 80th birthday. I'm waiting for the air fares to go back down before I buy my ticket, but it will probably be the 5th - 10th of Aug. I'm going by myself because it's cheaper (obviously) and we're really afraid the boys would be confused by it. They've really had a hard time transitioning here - as have I. One nice thing that has come of this is that Ethan and Dylan are much closer. It used to be that they hardly noticed if the other one was in the room. Last week end we were watching a DVD of Dylan's K class. There were some pics of girls with their arms around Dylan. At the end of the DVD, Ethan started crying. He paced and cried and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally he went over to his brother, held his hand and said, "Dylan MY best friend". Isn't that a tear jerker! And I'm putting them in separate schools next fall......what was I thinking??!!

No comments: