Monday, June 20, 2005

It's Morning Already??

What a night! Ethan was up and down from midnight on. Of course, he's sleeping now! I'm tired, Tod's tired. Dylan's doing great! He's feeling better today, actually, and has been playing very nicely all morning. He even re-enacted an episode of Sesame St. for me with his stuffed animals... over and over and over. It was actually really cute. He's got a good imagination, too. He turned a drum upside down and put a toy fish in it for Elmo's pet fish Dorothy. And put a small bear in a little house for Telly's hamster. He still doesn't talk much, but he tries really hard. I've always had a notion that he has apraxia, some speech therapists have thought so, too. Apraxia, if I understand it correctly, is when he wants to say the words but just can't get the muscles in his mouth and lips to form the sounds. It's got to be very frustrating for him. I know it is for us, trying to figure out what he's saying sometimes. We started additional speech therapy last week for both boys. But the boys couldn't stand to be apart long enough to work with the therapist individually. Again, And I put them in seperate schools next year, what was I thinking!?

'til later.....

No comments: