Sunday, October 02, 2005

Famous Birthdays

Since today is the birthday of both Groucho Marx and the Marquis de Sade, here are some quotes by both:

Groucho Marx

Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

A man's only as old as the woman he feels.

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book.

I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

Remember, men, we're fighting for this woman's honour; which is probably more than she ever did.

Time wounds all heels

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Quote me as saying I was misquoted.

the Marquis de Sade

What is more immoral than war?

"Sex" is as important as eating or drinking and we ought to allow the one appetite to be satisfied with as little restraint or false modesty as the other.

Social order at the expense of liberty is hardly a bargain.

The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All so true. . .