Friday, September 30, 2005

Snipets

Birthday Fun

I had a great time on my birthday date with Tod. We saw Corpse Bride and then shopped the resale and thrift stores. Then we had an early dinner downtown at a great Mexican restaurant. Tod also gave me a coffin purse that I really hoped to have when we saw the movie. It will still be great fun for Halloween. The boys gave me remote locks for the van and Tod installed them on Sunday. It was something I've wanted since we bought the van. I got flowers and a check from Mom and Lou and an iPod from Tim and Maggie. It was really a great birthday weekend!

The Bus, The Bus

Ethan has been doing well taking the bus to and from school. His bus is so full, it takes about 45 minutes for him to get home. Dylan starts on Monday so we'll see how that goes. We still don't know what his pick up and drop off times are.

Tod

Tod has a new boss at work and he is very pleased about that. In fact his boss's boss lives in Chicago and was born and raised in Rockford until he was drafted. Tod still doesn't remember his last name so I don't know if any of you would know him. He has a very poor opinion of Rockford, though.

Halloween

I'm getting geared up for my favorite holiday! Looking at all the decorations at the stores (and picking up a couple). I still don't know what the boys are going to dress up as. Ethan was looking at a clown costume but I don't know if that's definite. The neighbors go all out for halloween decorations, so that will be fun, too.

Pleasanton - North Hollywood???

I was reading in the paper today that many westerns were filmed in Pleasanton from 1917 to the early 30's. Lillian Gish in Rebecca of Sunnybrook farm was one of them. Also The Lemon Drop Kid. Hollywood loved Pleasanton's Main Street as well as the surrounding hills and rivers. Plus, since rodeos and horse racing were a big thing, many of the stars liked coming here. (Seabiscuit raced here, too). Hollywood stopped coming when Pleasanton paved Main St. No dust!

In Memory of Pish

Pish is dead. When I sprinkle food on top of the water only one fish came up to eat. I looked and looked for Pish and finally found her finless body buried half in the rocks at the bottom of Fish's side of the tank. Nancy says that beta's fight to the death, so I guess Fish drug her over the divider again and finished her off. I'm not sure if we will get another fish or not, but if we do we'll put them in separate tanks.


til later....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your fish and i'm glad ya had a good birthday!

Shirley said...

Thanks Kristina! I'm still miffed at Fish. I don't think our relationship will ever be the same again. ;-)