Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I Never Liked the Term "Hump Day"...

Here it is the middle of the week. I saw the urologist today about my kidney stone. He scheduled a CT scan for next Wednesday morning and then later that afternoon we will talk about what to do. In the mean time he told me that the pain meds I was taking are bad for my kidneys. He gave me a script for a different drug so if I seem disjointed (more than usual) please understand.

The good news is that I booked my tickets for my trip to Rockford August 5-10. My mom turns 80 on the 9th and I will be staying at her and Lou's apartment. Tod and the boys will have to wait until next time to come with. I'm really looking forward to the trip and hope some of you will stop by or call while I'm in town. The only plans I have made besides celebrating Mom's birthday, is getting my hair cut. I have not had a decent hair cut or perm or color since I've been here. And with the money I've spent, I could have just flown Kim here to do my hair at the house and then taken her to dinner!!

The boys have been pretty manic lately. Not sure why. We took them to the dr. Saturday and he tweeked their meds a bit, but not really that much. Yesterday, every time Ethan had to poop, he did so in his underwear and then threw the little turds around the family room like confetti! Today, he kept stripping naked and running outside screaming. This kind of stuff can be difficult on a "normal" day, much less when you're in pain. I'm always so happy to see Tod walk through the door - probably a lot more happy than he is to walk through the door. He told me the other day, "I'm tired of being the super hero when I get home!"

Speaking of Tod and work--- here is a link to a really cool news report about the tv's Tod's company makes. Check it out:

http://media.vmsnews.com/MonitoringReports/072005/565055/D000317374/

till later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You deserve a vaction!!!!