Thursday, July 14, 2005

But it's a dry heat...

We have had some really hot days here. 100 today and no relief in sight. The good thing is it's a dry heat and that (believe it or not) does seem to make a difference. That is a good thing unless, of course, you have a predisposition for kidney stones. In that case you have to be really careful about not getting dehydrated. I try to carry some beverage with me at all times, but it hasn't been enough to keep those little guys from rearing their pointy, sharp little heads in my kidney! Any of you who have had kidney stones or have been around when I've had them know what a big pain they can be. My goal is to flood them out on my own, but I do have the names of 3 urologists in the area in case I need something like lythotrypsy. So I have been laying low, not getting much rest and kind of afraid to go too far from home in case one of them "attacks".

The boys have been beating the heat by playing in the pool. Yesterday they were still in the pool when Tod got home from work, so he jumped in with them! They absolutely loved that! Tod had a great time, too. I video taped some of the action and the very large grins!

till later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the kidney stones. Drown them! Maybe you should get in the pool too!