Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July!

What a country! A place where the Taiwanese can open a business and pay my husband a decent wage to support a family that he never gets to see. It makes me very grateful for a three day weekend that we can spend together.

The beach was fun for all of us yesterday! Traffic was backed up from Half Moon Bay all the way across the peninsula, so it took us a while to get there. But the boys were good in the van - we sang a lot of songs and brought snacks and books to keep them occupied. As I said yesterday, it's not very warm in Half Moon Bay and the water temp was really cold. There were quite a few people on the beach, but no one was swimming. We didn't plan on swimming either but Dylan and I did more than dip our toes in the water. Standing in the surf really disoriented me and when the outgoing wave pulled the sand out from under my feet, I fell in the water and took Dylan with me! We were both fully clothed and completely soaked. Poor Dylan's teeth were chattering! We walked the beach and sat in the sun to warm up, building sand castles and looking for sea shells. As soon as the chill wore off, both boys wanted to play in the surf again. It was so wonderful to see their smiles and hear their constant giggling over the sound of the waves. But as soon as they got chilled again they wanted to go home. We stopped and got McDonald's french fries and ice cream cones on our way out of town. It was a great time!

til later....

No comments: