Friday, November 04, 2005

Health Updates

Ethan has been home with bronchitis since Wednesday. He started getting a cough shortly after his stomach flu went away which was about a week ago. The cough just got worse, so I took him to the dr. yesterday and she prescribed antibiotics and cough medicine. His cough sounds really nasty and it's so hard to get him to remember to cover his mouth. I'm really surprised none of the rest of us has gotten sick!

I went to see my ObGYN this week about my "re-animated" uterus. It appears that a full blown hysterectomy is in order. I wish I would have just had that done in the first place instead of messing around with that other procedure back in April. But the hysterectomy has a 1-3 night hospital stay and 2-6 week recovery time at home. I'm not sure exactly how we're going to do that. Tod will have some paid time off and we do have a sitter who can help with the boys part of the time, too. But it's going to be hard on all of us (especially Tod). The dr. wanted to do the surgery in December, but I pushed her to wait until January so the boys will be in school most of the time and Tod can go to his CES in Las Vegas Jan 2-9. That will also give me time to save some of my own blood for a transfusion. I needed a transfusion when the boys were born, so there's a good chance I might need one for this - especially if they cut me from stem to stern. I'm not looking forward to the actual procedure, but I am so ready to get rid of my uterus. It has served it's purposed, it's time to let it go.

til later....

No comments: