Monday, August 22, 2005

Dylan's EEG Today

Dylan had his EEG at Stanford this afternoon. He had to be sleep deprived for the test so we had to keep him awake until midnight last night and then wake him at 5 am this morning. This meant mom and dad were sleep deprived, too. It was a real challenge keeping him up until his test at 1pm this afternoon, especially during the 1 hour drive there. The nurse said that he absolutely, positively could not fall asleep before the test! So I sat in the back seat with him to make sure he didn't nod off. We read books and sang songs, ate cookies, but soon his head started nodding and his eyes were closing. We were both shouting "wake up Dylan!" Nothing worked! I had brought a bag of baby carrots along for me to munch on. Since they were cold and wet, I started touching Dylan's face and neck with them and still he wouldn't wake up for more than a second or two. So I started putting the carrots down his shirt. Well, that got his attention! He didn't like that at all and he couldn't get the carrots out of his shirt because of the seat belt and that really made him mad! But it kept him awake until we got there and that was the purpose. He did great for the EEG. Such a big boy even with all the long waits. And the good news is that we should get the results sometime tomorrow. So right now Dylan still has the goop in his hair and we are hoping that both boys will want a nap so we can nap, too. I'll keep you updated.

til later.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you all got your naps.I don't think I could have stayed awake

Unknown said...

thanks for posting the update before you all fell asleep. . . . I hope ......
You are all in our thoughts, even without the eeg.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for y'all. I am glad everything went well for the test. Love y'all