Friday, August 12, 2005

Dylan Update

Dylan had another seizure yesterday morning while the tutor was here. She called me into the room saying there was something wrong with Dylan. He had been chattering while they were working on a number puzzle and he just stopped and stared at the wall. I called his name, held his face so it was facing me and it was just blank. I hugged him, tried playing with him, nothing worked. He was "gone" for 4-6 minutes. He also started turning blue around his mouth and nose. It was so scary. Slowly he came out of it, seeming somewhat confused and smacking his lips. After he sat for a bit with me he asked for chips and then curled up on the sofa and slept for two hours. From what I've read, I don't think we're dealing with Petit Mal seizures. I think it's a different kind and it looks to me as if Dylan may have epilepsy. The EEG isn't set until Aug. 22nd. So we won't know anything for sure until sometime after that. All we can do until then is keep a close eye on him and make sure he's safe. Seizures of this kind aren't fatal, thankfully. If that is what's going on.
Anyway, we appreciate all your positive thoughts and prayers for Dylan.

til later....

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Thanks, that's what I tried to do. It was afterwards that I got the most upset, I think. When he was napping I kept checking to make sure he was breathing especially since he was turning blue during the episode. I sure will be glad to know exactly what's going on. If they can tell me exactly.