Friday, November 03, 2006

Ghoulish Tales and Updates

It took Tod and I many long hours of cutting, painting, gluing and fighting over creative differences to make the boys' costumes. Only to have most of the bones fall off 15 minutes before it was time to leave for school! AAAHHH! Talk about a scare!! We got to school just in time for the parade with bones still coming off and being taped with packaging tape.
Trick or treating was a bit of a let down. Tod said the neighborhood was a ghost town (pun intended) but the boys still seemed to enjoy it. The only problem is they still have trouble with timing and say "Trick or Treat" after they ring the door bell but before people answer the door. Oh well, maybe next year. I'm also ready to cave in and buy costumes next year. When I was a kid, a store bought costume was a thin, one piece jumpsuit thing with a plastic mask held on with elastic. The costumes are soo extravagant now and I would say 90% of the school kids had store bought costumes. Some of my favorites were the sumo wrestlers, the go-go girls (not too trashy, please!), the fairies and the pirates!

On the job front, Tod has an interview with a company in Fresno Monday. He's trying not to get too excited about it, but it is a move in a different direction for him. Plus the SD in Fresno has a great autism program, including an autism school! The cost of living is cheaper and it is at the foothills of the Sierra Mountains and sorta near Yosemite. But it's not San Francisco or Pleasanton and we really do like it here. Anyway, keep him in your good thoughts.

I'm getting ready to list jewelry on eBay for the holidays (my user id is SHIRLEYSTUFF). After I get those up, I have a new project that Gerrie is helping me with. Look for it soon.... I hope!

til later...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the update. what's the different direction?
A new project? mmmmmmm